What equipment is required to play minor hockey?
- Helmet with full cage - CSA-approved (chin strap properly fastened)
- Neck Guard - BNQ-approved
- Shoulder pads
- Hockey pants
- Jock/Jill short
- Shin/knee pads
- Elbow pads
- Hockey gloves
- Hockey stick
- Hockey tape for stick blade and butt end
- Water bottle - clearly marked with player's name, players must use their own bottle at all times
- Hockey jersey (supplied as part of BLOMHA registration)
- Hockey socks (supplied as part of BLOMHA registration)
BLOMHA supplies goalie equipment to each team from U8 to U10 Some equipment may be available for U11.
Wondering how to put it all on? Check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRgiHJjNc-Q
Where do I buy equipment?
Equipment is sold at most sporting stores such as:
Al's Source for Sports, Canadian Tire, SportChek, and National Sports.