House League Select Program 2023-2024
Click here for Select evaluation (tryout) registration. Please note that the price for Select registration evaluations will increase on May 15th.
Select hockey is a great program for players who are ready for more ice time and competition. BLOMHA Select hockey is an extension of our House League program. This means that all Select players must register and participate with a House League team. Players must tryout and be drafted onto a Select team. Please review tryout details below.
- Select teams may play up to 30 games in a season, comprised of 2-3 tournaments and exhibition games against other organizations outside of Burlington.
- Teams are able to fundraise to offset Tournament costs, season costs, etc.
- Officials and timekeepers are supplied by BLOMHA for all home games.
- Just like House League there is no body checking in SELECT hockey and teams are bound by a fair and equal ice time policy.
BLOMHA operates out of six arenas across Burlington including:
- Aldershot Arena
- Appleby Ice Centre
- Central Arena
- Nelson Arena
- Mountainside Arena
- Mainway Arena
You will receive the season schedule before the season begins. Practices and games may be at different arenas throughout the season.
ATTENTION REGISTRANTS: The season schedule will be available by the beginning of September; this includes potential practice/game times, location, and more. Please contact respective team management and visit website for any schedule updates before October.
Depending on the number of players registered for evaluations (tryouts) there maybe two teams in some divisions.
- There will be at least three (3) hours between a House League game and a Select game
- U10 to U14 - 2 hours per week (one is a weekday morning)
- U15 to U16 - 1.5 hours per week or 1 hour week one and then 2 hours week 2 (no morning)
- U18 - 1.5 hours per week (no morning)
Please note this is in addition to the House League schedule.
Fees – $1600.00
House League fees are separate to Select fees. Select fees will also include home/away uniforms.
Teams will receive six (6 sessions) of one hour on-ice instruction with experienced instructors for players and three (3 sessions) for goaltenders. Timekeepers and Officials are supplied and paid for all home games.
Select teams fundraise throughout the season for tournaments, team apparel, team events and so on. All families are asked to pool 'x' amount at the beginning of the season to start a team account. Excess revenue from fundraising maybe returned to the parents to offset the original start up fee.
Evaluations (tryouts) will be held May 28th - June 4, 2023. Four (4) evaluations (tryouts) will be scheduled for each division and players are guaranteed three (3) sessions. Registrants will be advised which group they are in one week before evaluations (tryouts). Jerseys will not be provided for tryouts (hence) lower tryout fee.